An automobiles electrical system is a very intricate and complex system which includes other components not covered in this article about the electrical system.
Core Electrical Components
- The battery: Starts the car.
- The alternator: Keeps the electrical system running after initial engine startup by battery.
- Starter: Starts car by turning flywheel.
- ECM: The cars computer system.
- Plus wiring, coil, plugs, & more
Common Electrical Problems
- Dead Battery: Most commonly a car not turning over is a dead battery. You may verify this by testing the lights.
- Bad Alternator: Battery light on and possible paired with sluggish running or won't start
- Bad Starter: Starts car by turning flywheel.
- Bad Starter: Less commonly when a car won't turn-over it's the starter.
- Bad Coilpack: Car turns over but won't start.
Swift Auto Service offers high quality auto diagnostic service and repair. If you are having auto electrical problems or your car won't start, call the auto professionals at Swift Auto Service. Call (317)791-1000 for more information.